A place that you can call your own, where you come back as the day ends and relax to rejuvenate for the next day – having a roof over your head is a basic necessity that none of us can live without. Understanding this, the ‘housing for all’ slogan aims at addressing and ensuring that this basic necessity is made available for the masses, especially the weaker sections of the society, who cannot afford to build a home of their own.
The government is committed to help masses realize their dream of owning a home through various Sarkari Yojnas like the CM Awas Yojna, Indra Awas Yojna, DDA Housing Scheme, Smart City Gurgaon, Affordable Housing Scheme, Gurgoan, Haryana etc. have been launched over the years. The PM Jan Dhan Yojna was part of the entire blueprint to help masses get a bank account to promote fair transactions in the economy.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna guarantees affordable housing for all with attractive subsidy for the loan of up to Rs. 6,00,000 under this scheme. Not only is the rate of interest highly subsidized, but the period of subsidy also extends till 15 years from the date of loan dispersal.
- Females have been given special preference under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna. Female applicants will score above the male applicants during house allotments.
- Even senior citizens and differently abled stand to gain out of this scheme as ground floor apartments would be reserved for such applicants.
- If humans are gaining so much from the scheme, how can the environment not reap benefits out of it? Strictly following eco-friendly construction norms, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is benefitting one and all.
- Not just the new house, the scheme also aims to support those belonging to EWS or LIG categories who already have a home but are looking to carry out renovation or repairs and need financial assistance for the same. They can avail the loan on subsidized rates subject to certain terms and conditions.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna along with other schemes like the CM Awas Yojna, Indra Awas Yojna, DDA Housing Scheme, Smart City Gurgaon, Affordable Housing Scheme, Gurgoan, Haryana etc. are all helping the masses come closer to their dreams and make them a reality.